Greenwich FD: Dryer fan sparked Bible St. fire

An exhaust fan inside a dryer caused the blaze at a multi-family Bible Street home Thursday night, a fire official said Friday.

Acting Fire Marshal Jim McDonald said fire crews acted quickly in containing the fire in a third-floor kitchen of 25 Bible St. in Cos Cob. The fire started a little after 9 p.m.


Hotel Fire on Upper Front Street

A Town of Chenango hotel was evacuated after a fire broke out Saturday morning.

The fire started in a dryer on first floor laundry room of the Motel 6 on Upper Front Street, and filled the entire building with smoke.


Dryer Fire Damages Batavia Home Thursday Morning


A dryer fire left a home badly burnt on Batavia’s west side Thursday morning.

The fire occurred at 535 Houston St., according to the Batavia Fire Department. Firefighters were dispatched to the blaze at 8:09 a.m. Thursday.


Overheated dryer starts townhouse fire

An overheated dryer caused a fire at a Virginia Beach townhouse Saturday afternoon.

Crews were called to the 3200 block of Creekside Dr. for reports of a structure fire around 12:23 p.m. Crews arrived minutes later and found a dryer on the second floor of the townhouse on fire.


Editor Note: “Dryer Fires are serious business, make sure to have your dryer checked every year to make sure of its safe operation.”


Leave a Reply

Avatar placeholder

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *