- Pichana or ‘rump cap’ -between 1.3 and 1.5 kg
- 4 tablespoons of Rock Salt
- Pepper & Garlic Powder (optional)
Score the fat of the picahna with
a criss-cross pattern
Cut the pichahna with the grain
into 3-5 pieces
Roll the pieces in rock salt
Season with pepper & garlic (optional)
- Preheat your grill on medium
- Place the picahana steaks fat side up on the grill for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the pichana steaks, and place them on the cooler side of the grill. This prevents the fat from flaring up.
- When the meat is grilled to your wanted doneness, hold it above the grill with tongs and tap it with a knife to knock off the excess salt.
- When cooking, do your best not to puncture the meat to keep the juices in until served.